I put together a little list of some of my favourite Nujabes songs and samples. Nujabes was the my favourite sampler in hip hop because he would often pick rare/obscure songs and his results where just amazing!
- Luv(Sic) Part 2 sampled Ivan Lins – Qualquer Dia
- A Day By Atmosphere Supreme sampled Pat Metheny – September Fifteenth
- Lady Brown sampled The Shade of the Mango Tree – Luiz Bonfa
- Counting Stars sampled Jose Feliciano – Affirmation
- Sea of Clouds sampled Chet Baker – She Was Too Good To Me
- Luv(Sic) Part 3 sampled Nana Caymmi – Tens (Calmaria)
- Worlds End Rhapsody sampled Quadraphonics – Betcha If You Check It Out
- Eclipse ft Substantialsampled Ahmad Jamal – Spartacus love theme
- Feather ft CYNE sampled Yusef Lateef – Love Theme from The Robe
- Love Song sampled Pat Metheny Group – Close To Home – Pittsburgh
- Thank Yousampled Gypsy Queen- Part Two – Gypsy
- Steadfastsampled Miles Davis – Concierto de Aranjuez
- Latitudesampled To Rococo Rot – Die Dinge des Lebens
- Reflection Eternal sampled Noriko Kose – I Miss You
- Hikarisampled Ramsey Lewis – Julia
- Blessing It sampled Pharoah Sanders and Zakir Hussein: Save our Children
We never got a chance to see Nujabes making beats like you do with many producers but hopefully this is a insight into the way he made his beautiful music.
Enjoy! And let me know your favourite samples in the comments below!