DJ/Producer Adam Scrimshire and UK/Nigerian soul/jazz singer-songwriter Afronaut Zu have teamed up to bring light to the masses on this politically charged effort titled “No Be Today (Yeye Be Dem Policy)”
The record is a blend of rousing jazz elements with punchy Afrocentric rhythms that aim to spark the inner passion of listeners towards the current political situation in the UK. Afronaut Zu leaves no stone unturned and delivers an emotionally charged performance that blends English and Nigerian pidgin English in a melodic fashion. He explores the various means by which politicians/corporations prey on the citizens with their dubious policies and underhanded endeavors.
“No Be Today (Yeye Be Dem Policy)” is taken from the forthcoming Global Sounds compilation which is set for release on 13th August via Boomerang Records Featuring London Afrobeat Collective, Duke Hugh & Bryony Jarman, Mark de Clive & Andre Espeut, Steve Spacek & Yazmin Lacey and more.
The compilation is an intriguing step for Boomerang, as the label introduces some very exciting artists such as the MOBO award nominated Yazmin Lacey, the multi-award winning, king of jazz, Sir Cleveland Watkiss (MBE), Steam Down and Rudimental affiliated vocalist Afronaut Zu, broken beat pioneers Mark de Clive-Lowe and Steve Spacek, Wah Wah 45s & Albert Favourites head honcho Scrimshire, Afriquoi’s lead singer André Espeut, and a remix of London Afrobeat Collectives ‘Power to the Women’ from Gottwood / Houghton residents Krywald & Farrer. As well up and coming artists Bryony Jarman-Pinto, Footshooter, Duke Hugh, Burland & K.O.G.
1. Say No More Duke Hugh & Bryony Jarman-Pinto
2. Looking Back Footshooter & André Espeut
3. No Be Today (Yeye Be Dem Policy) Scrimshire & Afronaut Zu
4. Another Like This Steve Spacek & Yazmin Lacey
5. Sunrays Mark De Clive-Lowe & André Espeut
6. Power to the Women (Krywald & Farrer Remix) London Afrobeat Collective
7. Vivid Dreams Mark De Clive-Lowe & Cleveland Watkiss
8. Pilolo With Me Duke Hugh & André Espeut
9. Threes & Fours Burland & K.O.G.