Kansas-based emcee Matt Maddox has just hit us with a heavy one, a horn driven cinematic banger titled ‘Street Art‘. The track also has veteran Queensbridge representative Tragedy Khadafi assisting on vocal duties. I must say Trag has been keeping busy from working with Alterbeats and Tragic Allies and doesn’t miss a beat here while Matt Maddox(whom I’m pretty much new to) brings out the big guns with his machete sharp delivery over this ambitious backdrop produced by Skammadix.
Prepare for Matt Maddox’s Righteous Fury, his full length which drops on the 25th of this month.
Born on January 26, 1982 in Long Beach, California, Matt Maddox lived in southern California until the third grade when his family moved to Hawaii. They moved from the city of Long Beach to the rural south east side of the island known as Pahoa. Attending public school with his older brother Lahav “La Dog” Asidon he “tuned in” to Hip Hop as a culture at the young age of seven. The first cassette tape that he ever purchased was Public Enemy’s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back and that was the start of something that would shape the rest of his life. His parents were divorced soon after the move to Hawaii. His father moved back to Long Beach while his mother stayed with him and his three siblings in Pahoa. After a few years in Hawaii he went to live with his father again in south California, moving from school to school for getting in trouble . After a year of that it was back to Hawaii. And back and forth and back and forth. He has just completed a project with his former group called Guerilla War Tactix. The debut GWT album, The Invasion and dropped on September 11, 2009.
Currently he is living in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and working on his solo album that was released on RedPhone Records this July with features from Canibus, Sabac Red, Beast 1333, Sadat X, Lord Lhus and many more top artists. Maddox signed to RedPhone Records in March of 2010 and he is due to go on a multi country European tour in September. Considered a revolutionary amongst peers and fans alike he is here to make an impact not only on Hip Hop culture, but world culture as well.
“RIGHTEOUS FURY” TRACKLISTING
1. No Country For Old Men produced by Engineer
2. Interlude produced by Sultan Mir
3. Sick & Tired cuts by TMB produced by Sultan Mir
4. BARbarians ft Godilla, UG & Born Unique produced by Hellzwind
5. Work ft Mina Fedora produced by Skammadi
6. El Mariachi produced by Nemesis
7. The Get Back ft King Magnetic produced by Skammadix
8. Comedy Pt 1 produced by Skammadix
9. Murder Weapons ft Swann Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
10. Spider Man ft Adlib & Reef The Lost Cauze produced by Vanderslice
11. Mjolnir ft Burke the Jurke Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
12. King Killer produced by Sicknature (of Germany’s Snowgoons)
13. Olympus Has Fallen Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
14. Upon A Pale Horse ft Edd Bundy Cuts by TMB produced by the UK’s Edd Bundy
15. Comedy Pt 2 produced by Skammadix
16. A Time To Kill Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
17. Street Art ft Tragedy Khadafi Cuts by TMB produced by Skammadix
18. Reality’s a Bitch produced by Skammadix
19. Show Must Go On produced by Nemesis