1991 was a great year. Not just because it was the year I entered the world, but for quite a few reasons which Ahwlee lists below. Somewhat ironically, 1991 is a remarkably fresh release; out from BK, Ahwlee creates a herd of 19 lo-fi, neck-breaking beats, stuff that fans of ohbliv and knx can enjoy. The cassette is now sold out but you can still purchase a digital version for a paltry $7 on Paxico Records.
• Internet is made available to unrestricted commercial use and number of computers on the net reaches 1 million
• Linus Torvalds releases first version of the Linux operating system kernel
• The American Galileo spacecraft makes its closest approach to 951 Gaspra, becoming the first probe to visit an asteroid
• Microsoft Releases MS Dos 5.0
• Blue Roses produced by Genetic Engineering
• Tim Berners-Lee introduces the web browser.
• Ahwlee uses current technology to start recording 1991